No module named 'PyPulse' Error

The information you are providing is the CMake information.

You need to actually build the code base now that CMake did it’s thing.

This may be a little old, but should still help you through the build process with Visual Studio

https://gitlab.kitware.com/physiology/engine/-/wikis/Using%20MSVC

Yes I did all that, managed to use VS and have all the files generated. Now the error is not PyPulse but another Module, which is not Found. Take a look at this error msg:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\neodl\Pulse\engine\src\python\pulse\howto\HowTo_EngineUse.py”, line 12, in
from pulse.engine.PulseEngine import PulseEngine, version, hash
File “c:\users\neodl\pulse\engine\src\python\pulse\engine\PulseEngine.py”, line 10, in
from pulse.cdm.io.engine import serialize_actions_to_string,
File “c:\users\neodl\pulse\engine\src\python\pulse\cdm\io\engine.py”, line 10, in
from pulse.cdm.bind.Engine_pb2 import AnyActionData,
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘pulse.cdm.bind.Engine_pb2’

Configured pycharm to have access PYTHONPATH to the specified folders in the documentation. What else can be causing this? thank you for your much appreciated help

Make sure you have this InnerBuild directory added

Looks like I need to update the graphic in the wiki

Thank you, I did that as well, but I keep getting the same error message. I am attaching screenshots for reference from the build in VS as well as the PyCharm Interpreter Paths, I did the template configuration as well under Run setting up the folder of the install/bin and made sure that was configured correctly.
I appreciate your help in this process.

Kind regards

Does C:\Users\neodl\Pulse\build\pulse-engine\Innerbuild\src\python\pulse\cdm\bind\Engine_pb2.py exist? That is where is should be getting that module definition…

Since your project is located in the Pulse source directory (as recommended), you don’t need to have C:\Users\neodl\Pulse\src\python in your PyCharm Python Path, but I don’t think that it will cause any problems… just redundant

I am not sure why your PYTHONPATH has C:\Python311\Lib\site-packages in it… you should be getting site-packages from your venv only… Make sure there is not a pulse package in there for some reason

No, the Engine_pb2.py is not there, no files here except for init.py. I am not doing something right in VS but I have followed the instructions. The procedure is after CMake I open the Pulse.sln file from the build folder and I do the Build, Build solution. After that I Build the Install from within the Innerbuild with the second Pulse.sln file. I cannot do a debug because it says Access denied. I am doing something wrong with the build process, but I cannot say. Thanks again for your help.

Some kind of error occured when you did this… need to try to find what happened

I finally gave up on windows and changed to Linux, the procedure worked fine. Thank you

Great!
Pulse is pretty mobile, works where you are best comfortable

Let us know if you have any other questions!