Adding New Medications

Hello!

I’m wondering if there is a methodology/procedure for adding adding support for new medications. I’m working in Unity and I am able to access all of the medications listed in your documentation. What I’m hoping to do is add additional medications such as lidocaine and ephedrin. This very well may be addressed in your documentation somewhere but I haven’t been able to locate it.

Thanks in advance!
Mac

Hey Mac,

The logistics of adding a substance to the system is generally pretty simple

Have you copied a substance file that you feel is close to the drugs you are adding to Pulse and then updated all the Pk/Pd parameters for your new drugs?

Usually that is the most difficult part, doing a literature review to properly define the Pk/Pd model parameters.

Are you able to get that far?

1 Like

Hey Aaron!

Thanks for this! I am able to get that far but I’m having a hard time finding all of the necessary parameters. Do you have any recommendations for resources to help define the pk/pd parameters? Alternatively, could you share some of the sources you used to define medications that are currently implemented?

You can see how we filled out Pk values here

This is basically a literature search for each drug

1 Like

Perfect! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you for your fantastic help as always! I’ll let you know if I have any other questions going forward.