In June 2021, the Attribute Editor (
pqSMTKAttributePanel) was modified to add the attribute resource name to the window title, changing its tab label from “Attribute Editor” to, for example, “Attribute Editor(Analysis1)”. This is unwanted for projects that currently support only a single attribute resource and I want to make this renaming optional.
- Are there any objections to making this window title change a cmake-configuration option?
- The proposed cmake option is
SMTK_ATTRIBUTE_PANEL_LONG_TITLEbut I will take any suggestions that are shorter and/or more descriptive.
- if the option is ON, then the current labeling is used, e.g., “Attribute Editor(Analysis1)”
- if the option is OFF, then the previous labeling is used: “Attribute Editor”
- my preference is to make this option OFF by default
- my preference is also to make it an advanced option
- Side note: there is currently no white space between the words “Attribute Editor” and the left parenthesis; does anyone know whether that is on purpose or is it an oversight? If the latter, I will add a space.