Building Pulse Explorer on Fedora 32 for RPM packaging

Hi there,

I have used the simple instructions from https://gitlab.kitware.com/physiology/explorer to build the Pulse Explorer on Fedora 32 and it is failing

[ 99%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/PulseExplorer.dir/actions/TensionPneumothoraxWidget.cxx.o
make[5]: *** No rule to make target ‘/home/mhough/Developments/explorer/builds/install/lib/libprotobuf.a’, needed by ‘PulseExplorer’. Stop.
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:96: CMakeFiles/PulseExplorer.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [Makefile:172: all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/PulseExplorer.dir/build.make:133: PulseExplorer/src/PulseExplorer-stamp/PulseExplorer-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:98: CMakeFiles/PulseExplorer.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:104: all] Error 2

I can see libprotobuf.a is in lib64 instead of lib but I am not sure where I should make a change.

I assume you are building the master branch of the explorer
It might be worth a try to build the 1.x branch, there has been a good deal of CMake improvements that might help.

We are aiming to update master with the latest pulse 3.0 release this month
1.x is the intermediate that is pretty close to 3.0

If that does not help, let me know
I will have to crank up a Fedora 32 docker and debug the build if not
Which would probably not happen until next week.

Thanks for your patience
We will get this working for you!

Much appreciated. I will try the 1.x branch. With the master branch, I copied libprotobuf.a to the right dir and then the make finishes successfully.
Adding export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/ to the PulseExplorer.sh and I was able to get it running with both showcases.