CMB 3D modeling

Regarding building your own customized version of modelbuilder, you first need to build from source code.

• The starting point is the cmb-superbuild. The web page is https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/cmb-superbuild, which is used to build all of the dependent libraries. I am pretty sure you can pull the source without an account on our gitlab server.
  • Check the README.md for general requirements: cmake, ninja, gcc are the big ones. Ubuntu has a build-essential package that should have most or all of what you need.
  • Don’t install Qt from the ubuntu packages, but instead get the installer from Qt’s community page: Open Source Development | Open Source License | Qt. Go to that page and scroll down to find a green button labeled “Download the Qt Online Installer”. When you run that, you will need to create a (free) account with Qt before it will let you install.
  • When you get to the part where you can select what to install, open the “Qt” item, open its child item “Qt 5.15.2” and select “Desktop gcc 64-bit”. And unselected everything else, otherwise you will download a huge amount of other stuff you won’t need.
  • I might be getting ahead of things, but when you are ready to run cmake, be sure to set both DEVELOPER_MODE_cmb and DEVELOPER_MODE_smtk to ON. You’ll also need to set Qt5_DIR to point to your installed Qt.

That’s alot and we’re not done yet. Ping me back if you get stuck or when you are ready to build cmb-superbuild.

(Note: this was copied from Struggle to get the windtunnel modelbuilder running properly - #20 by johnt)