This topic focuses on changes planned for CMB ModelBuilder. The current target is to have these changes in place by April 30, 2022.
Since CMB ModelBuilder directly depends on features / changes to SMTK, this roadmap must also reference SMTK Road Map 2021.
New Versioning Scheme
The versioning scheme we will be using is YY.MM.P:
- YY - Year
- MM - Month
- P - Patch
We will expose ParaView’s “Python Shell” panel in aevaCMB.
SMTK Project provides the ability to group resources, operations, and custom UI enhancements to represent a user’s workflow. This will significantly reduce the amount of bookkeeping required by the end user and will result in a more productive user experience.
Accessing More Solid Modeling/CAD Functionality
The main focus of this effort will be on the OpenCASCADE Session that was prototyped in 2020.
- Creation and editing of simple shapes
- Lofting/sweeping/revolving (use case: trace curves from anatomical scan data in several planes, then loft/sweep/revolve to make a volume).
More SMTK 3D Widgets
These widgets will be available using SMTK’s View Functionality.
- Coordinate frame widget (translate, orient with respect to surface geometry, rotation with angle snapping).
- Crinkle-cut volume widgets (drag cut surface, draw selection on clip surface to select/deselect volume elements).
- Shape-select volumetric elements (use case: volumetric cell/node selection in aeva)
- Curve drawing/fitting (for lofting edges into a surface).
- Drawing on surfaces using a texture-atlas.
Qt View Enhancements
- New table-style view for displaying / editing attributes.
- Adding new Task View types that can directly influence the content shown in either a 3D View or in the Resource Review
Helping and Expanding CMB/SMTK Developer and User Base
- Updating Getting Started Document
- Changing the About Dialog to be focused on CMB and not ParaView.
Hands On Tutorials
- MinimalFEM Example that provides an end to end walk through
- ACE3P Examples targeted for the next ACE3P User Group Meeting