Maximum inspiration pressure when using Mechanical Ventilator Volume Control

Hi there,

first I would like to really appreciate your amazing work and your support you’re doing here! That’s really awesome. :slight_smile:

I’m currently doing my first steps with Pulse and it’s Python bindings. At the moment I try to implement a VC-CMV ventilation to mimic a specific ventilator, but: that device has a setting for maximum inspiration pressure. So basically you set the respiration rate, the tidal volume, the I:E ratio and the maximum inspiration pressure, just in case your combination was too high and thus protecting the lungs.

As I saw you can create a manual MechanicalVentilator configuration; but then I have difficulties setting the tidal volume (as there is no property for setting that and I don’t have a clue on how to set that “by hand”) - on the other hand I’m super happy with SEMechanicalVentilatorVolumeControl and eMechanicalVentilator_VolumeControlMode.ContinuousMandatoryVentilation - but then I would need to set a maximum p_insp and the I:E ratio.

Do you have any hints for me on how to combine VentilatorVolumeControl and more specific settings?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Best regards,

Chris

All of our ventilator mode actions translate to a ventilator configuration, then our model just processes that configuration.

You can see how this is done in each of the C++ actions, for example

You can also supply both a mode action and a configuration action together.
You can create a VC-CMV mode action to get the ventilator where you want it
Then create a configuration action setting the specific properties you want to modify, and the engine will bascially combine these configurations together.

I believe you want to change the InspirationLimitPressure in the configuration action

1 Like