Praxis stopped building again?

Is this a known issue? I remember it was discussed last week, but I cannot find any dashboard reports since March 19.

I am interested because I just hit a strange-looking error building smtk on windows. The interesting part is the error messages that state “No such file or directory” refer to files that, in fact, exist. I think that there is plenty of disk space available (I am in a docker container and there is no simple powershell equivalent to “df” .)

@ben.boeckel can you advise?

make[2]: smtk/extension/paraview/server/CMakeFiles/generate_C_Users_ContainerUser_build_cmb-superbuild_superbuild_smtk_build_smtk_extension_paraview_server_VTKModelInstancePlacementSele
ction_xml.h.dir/build.make: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'smtk/extension/paraview/server/CMakeFiles/generate_C_Users_ContainerUser_build_cmb-superbuild_superbuild_smtk_build_smtk_extension_paraview_server_V
TKModelInstancePlacementSelection_xml.h.dir/build.make'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:4965: smtk/extension/paraview/server/CMakeFiles/generate_C_Users_ContainerUser_build_cmb-superbuild_superbuild_smtk_build_smtk_extension_paraview_serv
er_VTKModelInstancePlacementSelection_xml.h.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:118: all] Error 2

I think this is a symptom of make (nmake?) not supporting extended Windows paths. Does ninja work? If not, @aron.helser has reports of the paths being too long for Visual Studio as well; that may resolve this issue here.

Any chance you can switch to ninja? May be a few days before I get to the too-long-path fix.

Well,

• If timing is really a few days, I can wait.
  • But if you think this might get sidetracked past the end of next week, then yes, I will redo my docker scripts.
  • Mostly FYI, I would prefer to stick with make because cmake doesn’t support fast targets with ninja.

@aron.helser just checking – has there been any change in status on this?

I’m planning to work on it (and hopefully finish) on Wednesday.

I notice praxis has not submitted to cdash since April 25th… is something up?