Rendering CT-Scans in iMSTK

As far as I know one can not render CT-Scan in iMSTK.
I would like to view CT-Scans in Sagittal, Coronal, and Axial views, and 3D model as well. Much like as is visible in 3D-Slicer or MITK Workbench.

For intance, it would be interesting to see, where the tool is in these views when one interacts with the 3D model.

Can anyone please share information on how to achieve this, is it too complex? Is it already planned to be implemented? I can not see any merge request on this topic.

Thanks

Yes, you can do both volume and slice rendering of the CT data in VTK. To get the Sagittal, Coronal, and Axial views working like in 3D Slicer (with mouse controls etc.) might be a bit of work. But it is possible in VTK. One option is to use Slicer-imstk extension where imstk acts as a slicer backend. Depending on the application, you might want to choose one or the other. Do let me know if you want to know more about the extension.

Yes, it would be interesting if you could share the details of the same.

Hello Sreekanth,
Can you please provide details in the extension?

You can install slicer and download the SlicerIMSTK extension and try it out.

You can find some information here: Slicer project week page

This is the first attempt to interface imstk and slicer. We will continue to improve this and publish a blog soon. Do let me know if you wish to discuss more.

Thanks @sreekanth.arikatla
I am going to try it this week.

I was able to build the application. And observed an executable named: SlicerWithSlicerIMSTK
Running it opens Slicer.
I was able to open the collision module, see the snapshot below.

There is no documentation in compiling and running the application. I can add that provided I know it.
It would be great if you @sreekanth.arikatla or anyone could provide details on the application i.e. how to run a Simulation.

Thanks!

It appears:
I need to add a volumetric mesh and a floor.
And possibly the play button below will run the simulation.

I was able to get data, and run the simulation in the application. It shows a simulation running iMSTK, but nothing in the other window that opens when play button is pressed.

Here is the recording of the simulation. It is quite unstable crashes a lot.

Can you change the contact stiffness and let me know? If the contact stiffness is high something like this could happen.