Save state in post-processing

Hi,

I created a resource in AEVA and several filters in Post-processing mode. When I save the state and load it back to AEVA, the resource can’t be read correctly with the following message.

(  53.465s) [paraview        ]       vtkExecutive.cxx:741    ERR| vtkCompositeDataPipeline (00000115A5561310): Algorithm vtkPVGeometryFilter (00000115A54E4150) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (00000115A62A0EA0)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 2578521
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

And when I close the application, the following exception pops out.
In pqSMTKBehavior.cxx

Is it expected to use save state with only ParaView data? If the application has both SMTK and ParaView data, how to correctly save everything?

Thanks,
Yang

Hi @Yang , sorry for the slow reply.

You are correct that saving/loading ParaView state in aeva is not currently supported. The issue is that ParaView does not provide a facility for managing singleton objects; some singletons in ParaView’s state (such as the animation controller) are hardwired into the state save/load mechanism. Without a way for SMTK to coordinate with ParaView as its map from resources to pipeline proxies is saved/restored, there is not a way to support this.

My only suggestion for a workaround is to create a Python trace of your post-processing activity and use it as a macro when in post-processing mode.