Looks like we hit a known issue with the superbuild failing on Kerbin: CMake: ninja command line too long
Response files are the answer, but they haven’t been implemented in CMake for compiling .rc files.
Paraview hit it here
@tj.corona I see we use a very short root directory on Praxis, C:\bbd vs C:/d/buildbot on Kerbin. Can we make that change on Kerbin?
Hmmm… I’m not sure I know all the steps involved, but at a minimum some paths need to be updated in the buildbot repo (on our internal gitlab) in the machines/kerbin directory. The buildbot’s buildslave may also need to be configured differently?
Humm, have you modified buildbot repo on kwgitlab? That’s the place to change the path. Meanwhile, I don’t think it’s the right way to fix the problem… The path used to be C:\dashboard\buildbot. I shortened it to be C:\d\buildbot several years ago. Even though we short it to b C:, we will still hit the problem in the near future.
BG: I digged into Kerbin a few month ago and what I found is that ninja on Kerbin is too old to use response file. I update the ninja binary to latest on Kerbin. Also I spent some to fix the release superbuild and there was nothing I can do as the ParaView SHA for release branch does not have the response file improvement. I didn’t check the master build at that time as it was working as expected.
Restarted the buildslave, using c:\bbd as the build root. Until we get traction on the CMake bug for response files when compiling .rc files, this is the best we can do. I suppose shorter QT paths might be next.
Kerbin ran to completion, with 5 expected CMB test failures.
Praxis had no obvious problem terminals open. Boost root was set to something sensible on the build that complained it couldn’t find boost. Not sure what’s up. It needed a windows update, so I just restarted it.